Group fitness classes
I currently run classes at the University of Auckland City Campus Sports & Rec Centre.
Classes are free for members at the Rec Centre and can be attended by non-members for a casual fee of $20 per visit or $136 for ten visits. Click here to view the current membership fees for the Sports & Rec Centre.
Would you like to pedal your way to a healthier life? If so, then a Spin (cycling) class might be right for you.
Combine energizing music with cycling and you get a great fitness workout with powerful results!
Pump training classes do much more than just pack new muscle onto your frame. They also help you burn fat more efficiently and improve your bone density, and will give you a significant metabolism boost throughout the day.
You can also view the full schedule of classes available at the Rec Center here.
Some pointers for first-timers:
- Select a class that you feel best suits you.
- Remember to bring a towel and a drink bottle to each class.
- Be persistent, and don’t overdo it initially.
- Remember technique and execution is important, especially with Pump.
- Cross-training is a good way to improve both your strength and stamina. Try different styles and include resistance training in your weekly programme.
- I am always happy to receive feedback, please feel free to come up to me for a chat. Alternatively you are welcome to email me at email@example.com
Where is the Rec Centre?
The University of Auckland Rec Centre is located at 17 Symonds St on the Auckland City campus:
If there is no parking on Princes Street, there is paid parking available under the Business School building just around the corner on Grafton Road, overlooking the motorway.